Each Bee has 8 traits that determine its utility in Honeyland. These traits are dynamic, which means they can be upgraded over time to increase the Bee's utility.
In Honeyland, Bees will complete missions in order to earn HONEY and Honeypots. Their traits will determine how efficient and effective each Bee is on its missions. Based on these traits, each Bee will be better suited for certain missions. These traits will also have utility in other games played in the Honeyland ecosystem.
- Health - determines the health of a Bee during attacks and battles. This can regenerate to full capacity when a Bee is resting in the hive.
- Capacity - is the amount of HONEY a Bee will collect on each Harvesting mission.
- Agility - is how quickly a Bee can collect HONEY on each Harvesting mission.
- Attack - is how powerful a Bee is on Attack missions. The higher the Attack stat, the more Health points will be reduced from an enemy Bee when attacking them.
- Defense - is how good a Bee is at defending attacks on Attack missions. The higher the Defense stat, the fewer Health points will be reduced when they are being attacked by an enemy Bee.
- Recovery - is how quickly a Bee can recover during the cooldown period after Harvesting and Hunting missions, so they are ready to go on new missions.
- Endurance - is how far a Bee can travel away from the Hive for missions. Higher endurance will allow them to travel to more/farther plots of Land.
- Luck - is how lucky a Bee is when finding Honeypots on Hunting missions. The higher the Luck stat, the quicker that Bee will complete their Hunting mission.
Each Bee will also have other traits assigned to them that will be relevant to their utility in the game.
- Universe - is the origin of the Bee and it will determine the species for each Bee.
- Landform Specialty - determines the type of Land the Bee is most suited for. When this matches a plot they are Harvesting or Hunting, it will increase their stats. In Universe 1, Bees will have a 10% chance of not having any Landform Specialty, and will have an 18% chance of having a Landform Specialty that matches one of the five Landform Types (Desert, Seaside, Woodland, Meadow, Summit).
- Like - is a thing the Bee likes. When this matches their Queen Bee or other Bees on missions with them, it will increase their stats.
- Dislike - is a thing the Bee dislikes. When this matches their Queen Bee or other Bees on missions with them, it will increase their stats.
- Mood - describes the Bee's mood. When this matches their Queen Bee or other Bees on missions with them, it will increase their stats.
- Attack Profiles - determines how the Bee will attack other Bees on Attack missions.
- Breed Count - keeps track of how many times the Bee has mated.
- Upgrade Slots - keeps track of how many trait upgrades the Bee has available and remaining.
Players can earn Upgrade Items through Hunting missions, purchasing and redeeming shards in the Honeyland Shop, or by purchasing Upgrade Items on secondary marketplaces. These can be used to upgrade the stats of one of their Bees. The rarity of the NFT for the stat being upgraded will determine the increase in stats for the Bee. The maximum amount of times a Bee can upgrade their stats will be determined by the Queen during the breeding process or will be based on the generation of the bee if hatched. (see Game Items)