Honeyland is made up of approximately 18,000 Plots of Land across 8 Universes.
In Honeyland, each plot of Land is represented by an NFT. Landowners will be able to earn HONEY by setting commissions and entry fees on their Plots of Land for other players to use.
Land NFTs are limited in quantity and have the ability to earn HONEY with little management, and therefore will have significant value in Honeyland and on secondary NFT marketplaces. Because of this, some initial Land sales will be made available to the public, but most Land will strategically be made available for initial purchase to Honeyland players who meet certain conditions (i.e. completed challenges, leaderboard placement, minimum amounts of staked HONEY, etc.).
Each Plot of Land will have different values based on its traits.
Each plot of Land will have several traits that determine it's rarity and value in Honeyland.
- Universe - Identifies which Universe the plot of Land belongs to.
- Landform - Identifies which type of Landform the plot is. When a Honeyland Bee has a matching Landform Specialty, he will get a mission boost.
- Climate - Every Land will either have a Normal or Extreme climate. Lands with an Extreme climate will produce Honeypots that have a single type of shard that changes daily. See Extreme Lands for more info.
- Feature - Each land is a custom 1/1 graphic (i.e. these are not generative) and has one main Feature item on it. Some Feature items are used more than others, which will create even more rarity among some Lands.
- Honey Production Speed - This is an indication of how quickly the Land produces Honey for Bees to harvest. The higher the number, the more Honey the land can produce, therefore, the more the Landowner can potentially earn.
- Honey Production Grade - Each Land will be given a grade based on the Honey Production Speed so owners can more easily identify how their Honey Production Speed compares to the other Lands on Universe 1. See Honey Production Grades for more details.
- Honeypot Drop Rate - This is an indication of how often (in minutes) the Land produces new Honeypots to be found by Bees on Hunting missions. Once the previous Honeypot is found, the clock starts over for the next Honeypot to be produced. The lower the number, the more Honeypots the land can produce, therefore, the more the Landowner can potentially earn.
- Honeypot Drop Grade - Each Land will be given a grade based on the Honeypot Drop Rate so owners can more easily identify how their Honeypot Drop Rate compares to the other Lands on Universe 1. See Honeypot Drop Grades for more details.
- Zone - This is an indication of how far your Land is from the center of the Universe. The higher the number, the farther away your Land is from the center of the Universe. Bees will need to have more Endurance to reach farther away Lands. There are 8 zones on Universe 1.
- Level - Each Land starts at Level 1 and can progress to as high as Level 5 by staking for consecutive periods of time. Once a new Level is reached, the metadata will be automatically updated and new benefits will kick in. Levels can only increase, so Levels can never be lost. See Land Staking for more details.
- Max Commission - This is the maximum commission you can charge to other players for sending their Bees on Harvesting missions on your Land.
- Max Entry Fee - This is the maximum entry fee you can charge to other players for sending their Bees on Hunting missions on your Land.
Honeyland will open with 2,000 Lands available for players to Harvest and Hunt on. As more lands and more Universes are opened, the total daily HONEY production available for player rewards in the game will remain the same (approximately 319,000 HONEY per day). This means each time new lands are opened, there will be halving events which will result in each plot of land producing less HONEY on a daily basis. HONEY will be distributed evenly among each Universe, but will not necessarily be even among each Land in the Universe.
As more players come into Honeyland, the demand for the scarce resource HONEY should increase. This means that while the actual production of HONEY for each Land is reduced with each halving event, the actual value of the HONEY production on each Land should be greater.
The approximate halving schedule is as follows:
- 60 Days after game launch: Unlock the remaining 2,000 lands in Universe 1
- 180 Days after game launch: Unlock all of Universe 2 (3,300 Lands)
- 300 Days after game launch: Unlock all of Universe 3 (2,700 Lands)
- 420 Days after game launch: Unlock all of Universe 4 (2,200 Lands)
- 540 Days after game launch: Unlock all of Universe 5 (1,800 Lands)
- 660 Days after game launch: Unlock all of Universe 6 (1,500 Lands)
- 780 Days after game launch: Unlock all of Universe 7 (1,300 Lands)
- 900 Days after game launch: Unlock all of Universe 8 (1,200 Lands)
*This schedule is approximate and may be changed before or after the game launch
Other game elements will receive similar halving events as more Lands are opened. For instance, the Capacity and Agility traits for Bees, and Land entry fees for Hunting missions will have similar reductions in relative HONEY amounts. Most in-game fees for events like breeding, upgrading, or purchasing shop items will have fee reductions over time, but they will not necessarily be correlated with halving events.
Honeyland is made up of 8 Universes, each with its own species of Bees, land characteristics, aesthetics, and lore.
When Honeyland launches, only Universe 1 will be available to play. As the number of active players and the Bee population in Honeyland grows, new Universes will be unlocked for players to play. Eventually, all 8 Universes will be available for players to play and the Bee population will be full of 8 different species of Bees playing across the 8 Universes.
Every land has either a Normal or Extreme climate. Extreme Landforms are different from all other Landforms for Hunting missions.
For Hunting purposes, each Extreme Land will produce Honeypots that only deliver a single type of shard each day. This will allow players to find Extreme Lands giving out desirable shards each day and target those for Hunting missions.
Whenever another player sends a Bee to your Land, they will pay fees to you as the Landowner. These fees are collected in two ways.
Players who send their Bees to your Land for Harvesting missions will pay you a commission on all completed missions. These commissions will be collected each day and available to claim the following day in your Rewards. The max commission you can charge is determined by your Land Level.
Players who send their Bees to your Land for Hunting missions will pay you an entry fee as soon as they enter your Land. All entry fees collected from Genesis or Generations Bees will be automatically added to your HXD account balance. Entry fees collected from GenZ Bees will be pooled across all Lands and distributed equally to all Lands based on their Zone as follows:
- Zone 1 = 20% of entry fees collected (8.2 HXD per land, per 10k HXD collected)
- Zone 2 = 25% of entry fees collected (6.8 HXD per land, per 10k HXD collected)
- Zone 3 = 25% of entry fees collected (4.5 HXD per land, per 10k HXD collected)
- Zone 4 = 20% of entry fees collected (2.4 HXD per land, per 10k HXD collected)
- Zone 5 = 20% of entry fees collected (1.2 HXD per land, per 10k HXD collected)
The max entry fee you can charge is determined by your Land Level. Entry fees will have halving events as new Lands are unlocked.
In order to earn commissions and entry fees from Bees Harvesting and Hunting on their Land, the Land must be staked. Commissions and entry fees earned from unstaked Land will go to the Honeyland treasury. Landowners will get additional benefits by staking their land, listed below.
Every 7 consecutive days your land is staked, you will receive an airdrop containing shards that can be redeemed for in-game Land items. The number of shards airdropped each week will depend on the Level of your Land
Each Land NFT has a Level that determines its Max Commission, Max Entry Fee, Honey Reserves, and the number of shards in your weekly airdrops (if Land is being staked). Here's how it works:
- Level 1 - All Land is minted with Level 1.
- Max Commission: 4%
- Max Entry Fee: 0.4 HXD
- Honey Reserves: 160
- Shards per Airdrop: 20
- Level 2 - Level 1 plus 30 days of consecutive staking
- Max Commission: 5.5%
- Max Entry Fee: 0.55 HXD
- Honey Reserves: 200
- Shards per Airdrop: 40
- Level 3 - Level 2 plus 60 days of consecutive staking
- Max Commission: 7%
- Max Entry Fee: 0.7 HXD
- Honey Reserves: 240
- Shards per Airdrop: 60
- Level 4 - Level 3 plus 90 days of consecutive staking
- Max Commission: 8.5%
- Max Entry Fee: 0.85 HXD
- Honey Reserves: 280
- Shards per Airdrop: 100
- Level 5 - Level 4 plus 150 days of consecutive staking
- Max Commission: 10%
- Max Entry Fee: 1 HXD
- Honey Reserves: 320
- Shards per Airdrop: 150
*The Max Entry Fees and Honey Reserves shown above will have halving events as new Universes are unlocked.
In addition to the benefits listed above, each new Level upgrades the cosmetics of your NFT.